Saturday, February 27, 2010

I have my old wall and it's painted by oil paint beige 3years back. Can i apply a Water Base to the top White.?

It is not gonna be destroyed or cracked. I hope somebody is gonna help me or advice. Thanks in advance.I have my old wall and it's painted by oil paint beige 3years back. Can i apply a Water Base to the top White.?
You will need to use an oil based primer on it first. Something like ';Kilz'; or another brand. Then you can paint over it. If you don't use a primer the new paint will just peel off.I have my old wall and it's painted by oil paint beige 3years back. Can i apply a Water Base to the top White.?
You need to talk to a paint store. I have tried that with very little success. The Latex paint doesn't hold well on the top of oil based.





They may suggests lightly sanding the wall, which will help the latex paint hold better.





Or they may suggest a special type of primer to paint over the oil based paint first.





It can be done, just take the time to do it correctly you'll be happier with the results
It has to be primed first and then you can paint on top of it with a water based paint.. This site might help... good luck! :)





http://www.ehow.com/how_4513550_prepare-鈥?/a>
no mate it will not take,you will have to burn or scrape off oil based paint,there are products that cover everything but they are not cheap
i dont think so applying water base on oil painting z no good

No comments:

Post a Comment