Saturday, February 27, 2010

Ican draw very good, but I want to paint(oil), don't know how to start can you help me?

I am busy with my kids and I don't have time to take classes, I bought everything I need and don't know what should I do exactly, I painted before and have some of my work, but I know I did not do the right way(I was just creative), can someone help me on this?Ican draw very good, but I want to paint(oil), don't know how to start can you help me?
Guerro is right get some books on paintingand start reading, the North Light Books are very instructional.


Painting might come from the heart but it takes a lot of planing to make a great painting, withiout planning and thinking a painting through you will only get an averege painting at most.


Degas said: A painting is a thing that requires as much knavery, as much malice, as much vice as the perpetration of a crime.


And another of my very succesful artist friend always says that beautiful is a liquor store at 2am , a painting must be good.


I think that they know what they are talking about.


good luckIcan draw very good, but I want to paint(oil), don't know how to start can you help me?
I don't believe that you can learn (proper ways of) painting with just books. If you don't have time for classes, don't you have a painter/friend who could help you ? Or a private teacher (some are not too expensive, I paid about 3 Euros per hour) ?


Look around, I'm sure you will find. And good luck.
creative is the right way use thickness and stroke direction.
Art ability is not something that can be taught...it is aquired over time with practice. I would suggest starting with a friendlier medium...oils for a beginner can be tricky...try water-based acrylics first and just have fun!!!





Get your kids involved to...they are excellent sources of inspiration!
i would just paint what u feel. painting comes form he heart. and i would actually recommend starting out with acrylics. they're less expensive and they dry a lot faster. oils are easier to blend though. um.. i would watch some movies that could show you some techniques and you could try the library for some information. \





good luck
When my brother first suggested i try oils i didn't have also didn't have a clue as to how to start a painting. Most of what i had done up untill then was with pen, ink, and watercolor. So, i went to the library and checked out just about every book that had to do with oil painting. The first book i think you should try to find, is one on underpainting. My work can be checked out at hellosanantonio.com under artist name ''Guerro''.

No comments:

Post a Comment