Thursday, February 25, 2010

How do I change oil based paint to washable paint from my wodden siding?

The siding is oil -based paint always became cracked every year since I chaged from washable paint (not oil paint). What should I do if I'd to remove all oil-based paint from thew siding?How do I change oil based paint to washable paint from my wodden siding?
It really depends on the shape of the paint on the wood siding. If it looks like alligator skin (because of all the cracks) then you might have more than just a paint problem as the wood my need replacing. From your question it sounds as if you might have painted over oil based paint with water based acrylic without first using a good quality primer to seal the old oil paint. If this is the case you or a paint contractor will need to completely scrape and sand all the cracked areas and where paint is peeling (use a mask, especially if you're not sure if lead paint was used in the past). Then completely wash down the siding to get all the dirt out of the pores. When you have a dry surface you are going to want to spray a light even coat of water based acrylic primer on first, wait at least 2-3 hours for it to cure enough for a coat of water based paint. With a high quality water based latex paint you should only need one coat after the primer and it should last 2-3 years looking like new on average.How do I change oil based paint to washable paint from my wodden siding?
There are chemical strippers that will remove the paint, granted it will be a tedious job. The cracking is probably from not using an oil primer to transition to latex paint. If you're lucky a power washer may just take off the latex %26amp; allow you to oil prime %26amp; then use latex.
It is a tough dirty job not meant for amatures to do.





You would proabally have to hire someone to scrap off all the paing. If you go that far I would not paint again, I'd stain the house with solid color stain.
http://getanswers.banasios.gr


A very informative website, kindly stay a minute in website and check
http://www.painting.com


http://www.doityourself.com


--good buy.,

No comments:

Post a Comment