Sunday, February 7, 2010

Does anyone know how to remove oil paint from an old painting without damaging the old paint?

I have had an old painting for many years, I have just looked up the artist and could be worth up to $2,000, but I decided many years ago to brighten it up, so I put some oil paint accenting the leaves, mainly green color, lite green. How can I remove my paint accents without damaging the old paint. I do not think it is worth that much because the frame is not in excellent condition, but I could use some extra money now after Christmas. I would really appreciate anyone's opinion, if you know for sure, that is... Thank you.Does anyone know how to remove oil paint from an old painting without damaging the old paint?
The first thing what kind of paints you used and what paint did the other artist use. You probably know your paint but you have to test the other artist canvas. You have to test it so you will know what solvents to use to repair it. If you use the wrong thing you might damage the painting forever.


Contact a restorer or an antique shop to see what is their opinion. And please don't try to fix it yourself so you won't damage it any more.


good luckDoes anyone know how to remove oil paint from an old painting without damaging the old paint?
http://pictures.aol.com/galleries/davidth028





Email: davidth028@yahoo.com.cn


ICQ: 265-058-721


Tel: 0086-023-4865-0296








see mine
take off the varnish and add oil over the places you painted let it set in a few days, this might soften the new paint, then gently wipe it off and pick up a small knife and scrape





its not easy, but its feasble

No comments:

Post a Comment