Thursday, February 18, 2010

How long can two pot oil paint take to dry?

I painted my 3 solid red gum kitchen benches with a two pot oil based paint. (Wattyl estapol 7008 two part) Two of them dried perfectly. Half of the third bench didn't dry so I sanded it right down again and repainted. Parts of it are still tacky after 4 days. The first coat seemed to dry perfectly but it's the second coat that's the problem. I waited 8 hours between coats as recommended on the tin. Do I just wait another week (and hope) or is there something I can do to fix this? Thanks for any help you can give me.How long can two pot oil paint take to dry?
Sorry there is nothing you can do to fix it.


There must have been a problem in the mixing of the 2 parts.


you will have to wash it off with thinners on a rag leave to dry sand and re paint the bench


By a new tin as there is a possiblity that theres something wrong with the one you have.How long can two pot oil paint take to dry?
yeah
how about putting it in the sun or open air..it would dry faster

No comments:

Post a Comment