Sunday, February 7, 2010

How to remove oil paint and acrylic off your fingers, palette etc after painting?

I paint a lot but it鈥檚 difficult to remove paint that get under my nails and on my hands. Usually hot water and lot of rubbing helps a bit. Is there a easy way to get rid of paint smeared on my hands?





Also when I paint I mix acrylic with water but a friend said it鈥檚 better to paint unmixed. Is this true?How to remove oil paint and acrylic off your fingers, palette etc after painting?
the best remover on your hands would be nail polish remover or very little peroxide...some hand sanitizers work really well and to get paint out of your brushes the best would be baby oil or this thing called pink soda you can buy at any arts%26amp;crafts store.





and for the painting with water it depends on what your painting on...paper, wall, canvas...How to remove oil paint and acrylic off your fingers, palette etc after painting?
use an emulsifier (i.e. dawn soap). It binds to the oils in the oil paint and makes it semi-water soluble. This is probably the best way to clean your brushes, palette, etc.
Turpentine.... just a little bit to wash it off

No comments:

Post a Comment