Sunday, February 7, 2010

How to remove oil paint odor from drawers?

Over 6 months ago I had a very old dresser professionally painted with an oil paint. The inside of the drawers still smell so strongly of paint that I can't put any textiles in them without making them smell also (as I've unfortunately discovered after ruining some linens.) Any ideas on how to remove that odor?How to remove oil paint odor from drawers?
I wonder if the stripper solution they used to prep it wasnt dry before they painted over it. If this is permeating the paint? I would contact the painter about this be nice but insistent that this is not useable the way it is and its related to the paint! Make it his problem and ask him to take care of it. If they say its been too long, just say you wanted to give them the benefit letting everything dry out and cure properly, and youve never experienced this before. Then contact the Better business bureau if you have to.How to remove oil paint odor from drawers?
You can put slices of white bread on a plate soaked in water,apple slices or onion slices in the drawers. After the odor is absorbed I would use drawer liners in the drawers.
I would try cedar chips or orange peels.

No comments:

Post a Comment