Sunday, February 7, 2010

How would I get oil paint out of clothing?

I got orange oil paint on my sweatshirt. I tried turpenoid but that only faded it a little. Any other solutions?How would I get oil paint out of clothing?
Did you know that oven cleaner will take out oil paint from clothes without hurting the fibers? It will. Doesn't seem likely that it would take out the oil paint, but leave the fibers okay, but it does. This works for fresh and dry paint although it might take a couple of tries to get all the dried paint out.





I've used the spray on kind of oven cleaner as well as the brush on kind. Both work well. It will work 95/100How would I get oil paint out of clothing?
Try rubbing alcohol.
sorry to tell ya but not possible believe me its happened to me 5 to many times.it just be easier to buy a new sweater.
Try turpentine...soak the paint spot first in turps and then take Ivory soap and scrub it in with a nail brush and rinse the spot with cold water. Be persistent. The paint should come out but if the paint is dry and caked on, I am afraid you will have orange paint on your sweatshirt.
  • prom hair
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment