Sunday, February 21, 2010

What kind of gas to remove your oil paint from from your paint brush?

What kind of gas? Gas for cooking or gas for the carsWhat kind of gas to remove your oil paint from from your paint brush?
Do not use gas. It is too dangerous. You can clean the brushes with soap and warm water but if you have thinner it can also be used for painting. The ideal method of cleaning brushes used for oil painting is to wipe off the bulk of the paint with a paper towel, swish the brush in thinner or mineral spirits, then wash with soap and warm water gently massaging the hairs in the lather.What kind of gas to remove your oil paint from from your paint brush?
Gas is not a good idea at all. It's an environmental hazard and cannot be put down a drain. Neither can any of the mineral spirtis you use with oil painting, but you already know that from class. Gas isn't mentioned as a hazardous material because it's so irresponsible to use in the first place.





For cleaning my brushes from all the forms of paint I use, I clean my brushes with ';Masters'; brush care soap. They have a soap for your hands, too. There are other brands out there, Masters is not the only one. It's just what I use.
I use thinner to remove most of the paint, wipe with a paper towel and I swish it in Turpenoid. No soap or water needed. My brushes are like new after months of hard labor.

No comments:

Post a Comment