Thursday, February 18, 2010

How do I cut down/get rid of oil paint fumes quickly?

Hubby is repainting the bathroom, and I can't stand the smell of oil paint.


How do I get rid of it quickly??How do I cut down/get rid of oil paint fumes quickly?
Open your windows and position a fan(s) to help blow out the odor. Your paint store would also carry an odor neutralizer for paint fumes, It comes in a reusable plastic tub or tin that you open and sit it in the room. ( I can't recall the name, but just ask.) It helps somewhat.


You don't have to use an oil based paint if your walls were oil to begin with. You could have applied a primer that is specifically for priming oil based painted surfaces so you can then paint with a latex paint ( or an oil based paint if you still choose to.).How do I cut down/get rid of oil paint fumes quickly?
All you can do now is ventilate the area. Next time add a little Vanilla to the paint.

No comments:

Post a Comment