Thursday, February 18, 2010

How do you get dry oil paint out of clothes?

I have a painting class this semester and at the beggining I didnt have an apron and I have oil paints on my jeans and shirts D: Its horrible! I dont have eneough money to buy new clothes. How do I take them out? Turpenoid isnt working ):How do you get dry oil paint out of clothes?
Sissors


Just kidding


';Goof Off'; from the paint store (house paint store) usually works.


Try it in a place that doesn't show first.How do you get dry oil paint out of clothes?
once oil paint has dried to material, it is very difficult to remove without damaging material or remove dye color along with paint, a very tachy metod of gradually peeling away heavy thick layers, soaking in paint brush cleaners one spot at a time and carefully scrubbing of (note to soak material in water before applying cleaners so not to damage the rest of cloth) jeans are expendable,


~there is water based paintbrush cleaner that may cause less damage to material, you could try soaking in mix and scrub periodically,


~acetone will remove (melt) paint, but also will remove color and weaken material if left on too long, like nail polish only dab on to thick layers and remove,





~but dress tops may be of different material, and require other further cleaning method, check label, and if item requires dry cleaning only, then check with cleaners at shop,


http://toolsmet.com/paint-thinners-and-s…


http://www.amazon.com/Winsor-Newton-Brus…





~check solvents for flammability, and use carefully if used ,


..
I had this problem the other day, my professor said, dish washing soap a toothbrush and scrub scrub scrub and let it sit for awhile then a cold water wash. The sooner you get to it the better. The gray didn't come out of my jeans all of the way but the dark blue did.
I got some paint on a pair of my pants. I just make sure to use those for art now. I just wear them anyway. It will not come out.
You can't get it out....sorry!
White spirit and an old toothbrush normally works for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment