Thursday, February 18, 2010

How can you remove a oil paint stain from light colored carpet without removing the color of the carpet?

I paint, and sometimes drip around my easel, I don't remember to use a drop cloth all the time and I have several small spots of color. I got up most of it, but still have some of the discolorations.How can you remove a oil paint stain from light colored carpet without removing the color of the carpet?
Use baby wipes to clean stains on carpets and upholstery. Using baby wipes means that it costs much less than using the wipes made for the job.





Baby wipes have many uses, so even if you have no babies it is worth keeping baby wipes: any sort of stain or light mark that needs removal can often be rubbed off with baby wipes!How can you remove a oil paint stain from light colored carpet without removing the color of the carpet?
Try Oxyclean. Mix about two scoops in a large pump bottle and gust spray it on. Worked fantastic on an oil stain on my car seat.
paint remore
Orange Clean or Goo-Gone are both fabulous as cleaning oil stains.





And put down a drop cloth next time!
try paint thinner
Try a product called googone..test in a hidden area first
I once spilled black paint on a light Grey carpet and it dried. I used Lestoil. It took a bit of elbow grease but it got the dried paint out and didn't remove any color from carpet. It also got the same paint off a pillow case. Any item you decide to use you should first try it in a hidden area. Carpets are all made differently...dyes, fibers, etc. What worked on my carpet may cause damage to yours...DO A TEST SPOT FIRST! Good Luck!
I would call Stanley Steemer at 1-800-STEEMER. They are the best!
  • prom hair
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment