Tuesday, February 23, 2010

What should I add to the paint to make my oil painting on canvas very bright?

Oil paint is the most impermanent painting medium of them all. You should choose another medium such as acrylic,casein,or encaustic. To make your oil paintings bright make sure you use a good gesso primer,not an acrylic Gesso.because oil and acrylics are incompatable Prime your canvase with Titanium white lead. The linseed oil in your oil paints in a short time will cause your paintings to turn yellow. The best way to make your paintings bright is to use the encaustic medium:: that is painting with molten beeswax. Paint with bright colors to begin with.What should I add to the paint to make my oil painting on canvas very bright?
Bright is a subjective term. Ever see a sunspot through a telescope, or even a photograph? It appears to be black. But if you were to see it alone, without filtration or whatever surrounds it...you would be blinded by its brightness. Paint is like that...brightness is defined relatively buy what surrounds the bright area. White is not always used to make something seem bright...rather it is the juxtaposition of something less bright that make one area seem brighter.What should I add to the paint to make my oil painting on canvas very bright?
Very bright is not a very good descriptive phrase for colour technology. I would say that the titanium white would give you a good representation of light in your paintings...but I don't think it would make your reds, or your blues more intense. If you meant bright as in glossy or shiny, then I think you should listen to that guy from the school he knows what he is talking about. Think about what you are trying to ask, and add more details to your question. I am not a painter, I am a physicist., but the better you ask your question the more helpful your answers will be! Have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment