Tuesday, February 23, 2010

How do I remove a small splash of interior later paint from an oil painting? Thanks.?

Just curious, but if it's latex, you should be able to just lift the spot off with say, your fingernail. Is it a 'splash' like a smear? In that case water, I suppose if you had to, and it wasn't in the middle of the painting, you could use a soft brush, like you brush a baby's hair with, but I would be careful. If it's an actual ';blob'; then it should just peel off.How do I remove a small splash of interior later paint from an oil painting? Thanks.?
water only! The water will not affect the oil paint. Water on a paper towel and BLOT lightly. Blot on %26amp; off, lightly. Air dry afterwards.How do I remove a small splash of interior later paint from an oil painting? Thanks.?
I'm not an art expert, but, warm water, perhaps withdish soap, apply with q-tip, let soak. If its thick enough it may chip off with a razor blade. Be careful or take to an art restorer.
  • ie tab
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment