Tuesday, February 23, 2010

How do I handle Turpenoid for oil paint brushes correctly?

My teacher used to do all this stuff for me so I have no idea. Am I supposed to dilute it and make a solution or can I just use it poured out right from the can? And what do I do to dispose it? I know your not supposed to pour it down the drain...How do I handle Turpenoid for oil paint brushes correctly?
Yes, just use it straight out of the can. Don't water it down, the water will not work with your paint.





And you can re-use the turpentine/turpenoid practically forever. Just have a few of lidded jars handy. After you've cleaned your brushes out, let the paint solids settle to the bottom (should happen overnight or the next day). Then pour the clear stuff out into a new jar or can, and use that for your brushes that day.





That way you don't HAVE to throw anything away, except eventually the paint solids. Ask your sanitation department what they want you to do with those.How do I handle Turpenoid for oil paint brushes correctly?
link has info on how to mix your painting medium





disposing of toxic waste, you have to call your local disposal company to see if they handle it, if not ask them who does.





or you could ask these people here , second link.
just from the can to a cup, and when your down just pour it in the dirt.

No comments:

Post a Comment