Sunday, February 7, 2010

What brand bristle brushes for oil paint do you recommend for serious artist?

I seem to be wasting a lot of money for inferior brushes.What brand bristle brushes for oil paint do you recommend for serious artist?
Archer. This brand was promoted by an Art teacher on PBS. As well as Divincci paint.What brand bristle brushes for oil paint do you recommend for serious artist?
I love Connoisseur synthetic bristles - filbert.





To make any brush last longer:


Don't mash the paint down into the ferrule, keep it up at the tip.


Don't let it sit in turpentine, it dries out the bristle.


Clean them properly, and


After reshaping the bristle, lay them flat to dry.





Don't store them on end.
If you want durability... the expensive good brushes also don't last that long. They just perform better while you have them.





I use filament brushes. The brand isn't that important to me. But I do handpick every single one. I must feel if they are right.
Hi,





I've never tried but I've read good things about Robert Simmons (sp?) and Grand Prix Silver.


I guess that Isabey must also be good.


One doesn't need to go ridiculously expensive, but indeed using cheap brushes doesn't really help. And if one day you try watercolour, you'll notice that even more.





Kind regards,





Jos茅


http://theartcafe.blogspot.com


http://sitekreator.com/hushcolours/index鈥?/a>

No comments:

Post a Comment