Thursday, February 18, 2010

I have a teflon based paint over what seems like an oil paint because it is not sticking. How do I remove it?

I tried sanding with electric sander and by hand but the teflon paint just sticks to the sand paper, I have a real mess made now with all the gouges and scores. Is there a way out of this or do I have to re drywall?


The teflon paint is a Dupont latex semi gloss kitchen and bath paint 100% acrylic.I have a teflon based paint over what seems like an oil paint because it is not sticking. How do I remove it?
re-spackle the wall and then apply kilz as a primer. that will be a good base for paint.I have a teflon based paint over what seems like an oil paint because it is not sticking. How do I remove it?
First you will have to get the paint off. You could use acetone or lacquer thinner. You will NEED a face mask and rubber gloves, but either of these will remove the paint. Lacquer thinner will make it come off faster, but it's much stronger smelling, and will burn bare skin.





If the scratches from the sander are really bad, get some drywall mud and apply with a wide drywall knife. Ask someone at the hardware store about how to recreate the texture on the walls. Describe the texture of the wall for them in detail.





If the scratches aren't so bad, fill them with Spackle using your finger.
  • prom hair
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment